13 Ekim 2010 Çarşamba

English Lesson 4 SO, NEITHER, NOR (İngilizce Dersler 4)

To indicte that we have same feelings with positive statements we use So, and for negative statements neither or nor.

I'm feeling tired.So am I (I'm feeling tired too)

I never read newspapers. Neither do I ( I don't read either)

You have to put so and neither at the begining of the sentence. The order of words after so and neither the verb is before the subject.

I passed the exam and so did Tom – Not Som Tom did

You can use nor instead of neither

I can't remember his name. Nor can I / neither can I

If we're agree with a positive statement we use so + auxiliary verb/ modal verb+ pronoum.

I like tea without sugar. So do I

To agree with a negative statement we use nor/neither+ auxiliary verb/ modal verb+ pronoum.

I don't like tea with sugar. Nor do I /neither do I

To disagree with a positive statement we use pronoum+auxiliar/modal verb+not(n't) .

I like tea with sugar. I don't

To disagree with a negative statement we use pronoum+ auxiliar/modal verb.

I don't like tea with sugar. I do


Complete each of the space below with so ,neither or nor and an appropiate auxiliary verb

He can't drive and ____________________

I'm older than Harry and _______________ is Ron

He never writtes to me and ____________________ Colin

Her parents are going to France , and ________ are mine

Seamus came to the party , and _______________ did Dean

I've already seen that film and _____________ has Neville

Hermione won't tell anyone and ___________________ I

I feel tired. ___________

I watched TV last night ____________

I won't be in London next week____________________

I live in a small town_____________

I'd like to go to the moon __________________

I can't play thetrumpet_______________________

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder