12 Eylül 2010 Pazar

EXERCICES- CONDITIONAL

1.- Circle the correct underline word

If the machine stops/ will stop you press/ will press this button

If you help/ helped me with this exercice, I will / would do the same for you one day

According to the time table . If the train leaves/ left on time, we will/ would arrive at 5.30

If it is /will be fine tomorrow, we go/will go to the coast

If we find/ found a taxi, we will get/ would get there before the play stars

It's quiet simple really. If you take / will take/took these tablets evry day, then you lose/ will lose/lost would lose weight

I don't know how to play baseball, but I'm sure that if I will do / did, I play/ will play / would play a lot better that anyone in this awful team

2.- Circle the correct underline word

Why didn't you tell me? If you told/ had told me, I had helped / would have helped you

If Bill didn't steal / hadn't stolen the car. He wasnt' / wouldn't be / hadn't been in prision now

If Ann wasn't driving/ didint drive/ hadn't driven so fast, her car didn't crash/ wouldn't crash/ wouldn't have crashed into a tree

Let me give you some advice, If you smoked / would smoke/ had smoked less/ , you didn't feel / wouldn't feel / wouldn't have felt so tired

What back luck! If Alan didn't fall/ hadn't fallen/ wouldn't fall over, he won / would win / would have won the race

If you invited / had invited me last week , I was able / had been able / would have been able / to come.

I'm sure your letter hasn't arrived yet, if It come / had come / I'm sure I noticed / had noticed / would have noticed it

We have a suggestion to make. How do you feel / Would you feel/ If we offered / would offer/ had offered you the job of assistant manager

If you lent / had lent us the money we paid / would pay / had paid you back next week

3.- Put the verbs in branckets into a suitable verb form .

Why didn't you phone If I (know) ___________________ you were coming. I ( meet) ________________ you at the airport

It's a pitty you missed the party. If you (come) ____________________ you (meet) my friends from Hungary

If we (have) ______________ some tools we (be able) ____________________ to repair the car, but we haven't got any with us

If you (not help) _______________________ me I ( not pass) _________________________ the exam

It's a beautiful house, and I (buy) ___________________ it if I (have) _____________ the money

I can't imagine what I (do) ________________with the money if I (win) ______________the lottery

If Claire (Listen) __________________ to her mother, she (not marry) _____________________David in first place

4.- Rewritte the sentence :

Example :

I didn't have an umbrella with me and so I got wet

Wouldn't

I wouldn't have got wet If I 'd had an umbrella with me

I'll call the police if you don't leave me alone

Unless

In the snowy weather we don't go to school

If

Without Jack's help , I wouldn't have been able to make the table

If Jack

Make me some coffee, and I'll give you one of my biscuits

If you

If you hadn't told me about Sue's ahir I wouldn't have noticed

Unless

I wouldn't accept if you asked me to marry you !

If you

5.- Complete these sentences with an appropiate verb/ modal verb (think about the verb tense)

If you melt ice, you _____________________________________ water

If you practice English every day, you ________________________ get beter

If I had brought my camera we _______________________ have taken great photos

If I ______________________ (live) in a desert, I would be very thirsty

If I pass this test, I ___________________________ go celebrate

6.- Circle the correct underlinde word :

She will celebrate if she passes / has passed her test

Uncle Roger wouldn't see things very well if he did / didn't wear his glasses

If you drink enough / would drink enough rum you get drunk

If I had played the guitar since I was little , I would be / will be a musician now

If you play with fire, you would burn/ burn yourself

He will love/ could love it if you throw a surprise birthday party for him

7.- Complete the sentence with your own words.

If I won the lottery today ........

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder